Sparky's After Burner Brew
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Beers and Ales
- 3 1/3 pounds John Bull amber malt extract
- 1/2 pound crystal malt
- 1/2 pound dark dry malt
- 1/2 pound corn sugar
- 10 fresh
- 2 ounces Cascade hops
- Munton & Fison ale yeast
- jalapeno peppers
- Chop up Jalapeno peppers and boil them with the wort for 30 minutes or so.
- Strain them out when pouring wort into primary.
- Rack to secondary about 4 hours after pitching yeast.
- Note: When handling jalapenos, be sure to wash hands thoroughly or wear rubber gloves.
- You'll find out why if you are a contact lens wearer.
- (I discovered this the hard way---making pickles, not beer.) --- Ed.
- The beer is amber, clear, has enough hops for me, and has a great spicy (bordering on hot) aftertaste.
- Original Gravity: 1.020 Final Gravity: 12 Primary Ferment: 4 hours Secondary Ferment: 8 days