Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 1 Cup soy milk
- 1 Tablespoons soy milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon corn oil -(or canola oil or flax seed oil)
- 1 teaspoon lecithin -(liquid or granules) to
- 1/4 Cup almonds
- 1/4 nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon carob powder (optional)
- 1 pinch tumeric (optional)
- Grind the almonds first in the blender dry.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and in a blender until light and fluffy.
- Can be served cold or hot (do NOT boil).
- For variation sprinkle the top with some anise seed and/or coriander, or, orange or lemon rind gratings, or, powdered cardamom.
- If your soy milk is not very sweet, then add a little honey to the above.
- If you can't find soy milk powder, then try thickening the soynog with, say, with 1/2 to one fresh banana.
- If you want that slippery taste of "real" eggnog then just add more oil, but we think is better to simply allow your taste preferences to adapt and come to enjoy this soynog on its own terms.