Simple Brown Syrup
This simple syrup is made using brown sugar. Experienced mixologists make sugar syrups with a variety of sugars and cooked to varying degrees of caramelization for unique flavor results.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
Serves: 2 Cups
- 1 Cup Dark or Light brown sugar
- 2 Cups water
- This can be prepared well in advance.
- Place sugar and water in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Boil for five minutes and transfer to a container to cool.
- Can be refrigerated for up to 6 weeks.