Our Scot’s Brunch recipe mixes the flavors of bacon, pancakes, and orange juice in a single glass. The flavor is soothing, comfortable and simply delicious.
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr.
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 3 strips of bacon, lightly cooked, but not crisped
- 4 ounces Angostura Bitters
A Scot's Brunch
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 3 dashes Bacon Bitters
- splash of seltzer
- 2 ounces Scotch
- 1 ounce orange juice
- bacon slice
- long toothpick
- In a new plastic container that may be safely frozen, soak the bacon in the bitters for an hour. Make sure the bacon is submerged under the liquid. Place the container in the freezer.
- The fat will surface and solidify. Cut it open and strain the bitters to another sterilized container. Store, refrigerated, for up to 2 months. The flavor of the bacon will infuse into the bitters.
- In an Old Fashioned or rocks glass, add sugar, syrup, bitters and seltzer. Stir until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Add Scotch and orange juice. Stir gently.
- Take a slice of cooked bacon and skewer it on the toothpick. Spread the pick across the glass with the bacon half in the glass.