The historic Sazerac is a New Orleans whiskey cocktail, named for the Sazerac de Forge et Fils brand of Cognac that was its original key ingredient.
Author: Chief Mixologist
- 1 teaspoon Ricard pastis
- 1/2 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 2 dashes Peychaud Bitters
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 1 lemon twist
- Pour ricard into a glass and swirl around to coat glass, discard any excess.
- Place the sugar, peychaud bitters, and water into the glass and muddle with the back of a teaspoon.
- Almost fill the glass with ice cubes.
- Pour the bourbon over the ice cubes.