Inviting, seductive, alluring and sensous, our Sazerac Rye recipe is a New Orleans classic and a tasty Southern delight.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 1 sugar cube (Sugar in the Raw recommended)
- 4 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 2 fluid ounces rye whiskey (Sazerac Rye recommended)
- splash of Absinthe or Pernod
- lemon peel
- Fill one Old Fashioned glass with Ice and cold water.
- In the other glass, place sugar cube at the bottom.
- Add 4 dashes of bitters and just a splash of water.
- Muddle until mixed.
- Add ice to same glass.
- Add whiskey.
- Empty the glass filled with ice water.
- Add the splash of absinthe or pernod and swirl around to try and coat inside of glass
- Dump any remaining absinthe.
- Using mixing spoon, stir whiskey concoction for about 10 seconds.
- Strain whiskey concoction into empty glass.
- Express lemon peel into cocktail, wipe edges with peel and add as garnish.
Requires 2 old fashioned glasses.
Serving size: each Calories: 138 Fat: 0 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 2.3g Sugar: 2.3g Sodium: 0 Fiber: 0 Protein: 0 Cholesterol: 0