A truly fruity drink, Sangria el Tampa has a strong citrus base with a delightful wine undertone. This one is for those who want a sangria with less alcohol.
Sangria El Tampa
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr.
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
Serves: 1 Gallon
- juicing oranges
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Quart water
- 1 Quart orange juice (fresh)
- 1/2 Quart grapefruit juice (fresh)
- 1 Cup lemon juice
- 1 Quart Chianti or burgundy wine
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon (ground), or
- 8 cinnamon sticks
- 1 teaspoons nutmeg (ground)
- 12 ounces seltzer or sparkling water
- 2 navel oranges, washed and sliced
- 3 lemons, washed, thinly sliced
- Save as much pulp from the fresh squeezed citrus as possible to include in the sangria.
- Heat the water to a slow boil, add the sugar, melt the sugar in the boiling water, add the fruit juices, remove from the heat, and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add wine, citrus pulp, spices, and stir.
- Chill and serve with thin slices of the fruits floating in the bowl.
- Portion into ice filled glasses.