Ruby Punch Bowl
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punches
- 1 1/2 Cup water
- 2 Cups sugar (or less, to taste)
- 2 3 or 4 inch sticks cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 bottles (750 ml) burgundy
- 1 or other red table wine
- 2 Cups chilled cranberry cocktail
- 1 liter chilled apple cider
- 1 thin lemon or lime slices
- In saucepan bring water, sugar, spices and salt to boil.
- Lower heat and simmer 10 minutes; strain-out and discard spices; cool syrup.
- Combine spiced syrup with wine, cranberry juice cocktail and cider.
- Pour into punch bowl, add ice and lemon slices.
- Source: Calgary Herald Dec 15/93 From the collection of K.