Raspberry Liqueur 3
Raspberry liqueur is an absolute delight whether consumed on its own or used in mixed drinks. The flavor of raspberry is tempered by the addition of vanilla and enhanced with allspice. Glorious!
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 pint plus
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 2 1/2 Cups vodka
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1/4 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1/2 Cup sugar syrup (see recipe)
- Select full colored and plumb berries, avoiding stained baskets (sign of overripe or softened and decayed berries). Season is May to July. DO NOT wash until ready to use as water causes mold to form.
- Rinse berries and place in a mixing bowl, lightly crushing to release flavor.
- Add vodka, vanilla bean, and allspice. Stir and store in bottle in cool dark place for 3 weeks.
- Strain mixture through dampened cheesecloth squeezing as much juice as possible.
- Pour back into bottle adding sugar syrup to taste (1/3 to 1/2 cup per pint) and age another 3-5 weeks.