Outstanding with seltzer!
Raspberry Currant Syrup
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Syrups
Serves: 1 bottle
- 1 pound raspberries; 500 g
- 1 pound currants; 500 g
- 4 pounds sugar, white; 2 kg
- cold water
- Put sugar and water in a large pot, bring to a boil and skim it.
- Add the raspberries and currants and boil gently about twenty minutes.
- Strain through a sieve, cool and bottle.
- Keep in a cool place.
- To serve, add a few tablespoons to cold or sparkling water.
SOURCE: The Non-Drinker's Drink Book by Gail Schioler