Professorns Glogg (The Professor's Glogg)
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punches
- 2 Quarts wine, red, dry
- 2 Quarts muscatel
- 1 pint vermouth, sweet
- 2 Tablespoons Angostura bitters
- 2 Cups raisins
- orange peel
- 12 cardamom pod; crushed
- 10 cloves, whole
- ginger; 2 inch piece
- cinnamon stick
- 1 1/2 Cup aquavit
- 1 1/2 Cup sugar, granulated
- 2 Cups almonds; blanched, peeled
- Combine wine, muscatel, vermouth, bitters, raisins, orange peel, cardamoms, cloves, ginger and cinnamon.
- Cover and let stand 12 hours minimum.
- Shortly before serving, add aquavit and sugar.
- Stir well and bring to full boil over high heat.
- Remove at once from heat, stir in almonds and serve hot in mugs.
- In Sweden, a small spoon is placed in each mug to scoop up the almonds and raisins.