Plum Liqueur 2
This delectable plum liqueur makes a great drink and is fantastic when making sauces, desserts or as a warming drink on its own.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 3 Cups plus
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh plums
- 2 Cups vodka
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar syrup (see recipe)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Plums can be found from May to August. Choose rich colored ones ranging from fairly firm to slightly soft. Avoid hard, shriveled, poorly colored, soft, bruised or split ones.
- Halve and pit plums and combine in jar with vodka (gin may be used also), sugar syrup, and cinnamon.
- Cover and invert jar daily until sugar is dissolved (about 4 days).
- Place in a cool dark place for 3 months. Occasionally shake gently.
- Strain and filter. Ready to serve.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe