This might more appropriately be called “instant Slivovitz” as it uses microwave technology to cook the sugar and fruit, rather than letting the alcohol extract the flavors.
Our plum brandy is also unusual in that it has gin as the base liquor. It’s worth a try but we make no promises that you will like it.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh plums, halved*
- 2 Cups sugar
- 2 Cups gin
- *Remove pits
- In medium glass bowl thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Heat 10 minutes on POWER LEVEL 7 (Medium-High) until sugar is dissolved, stirring once.
- Continue cooking on POWER LEVEL 1 (Warm) an additional 30 minutes, stirring twice.
- Cover and let stand 3 to 4 days.
- Strain before decanting into bottles and using.