Sweet and fruity, Plum and Cherry Sangria is a delicious blending of berries, wine and juices. Simply wonderful on a warm afternoon or with a picnic supper.
Plum and Cherry Sangria
Unlike many sangria recipes, this one adds no processed sugars, syrups or sodas. All the sugar comes from the juice and fruit.
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr.
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
Serves: 6 to 8
- 2 bottles of red wine (any kind you prefer, but sweeter wines are best)
- 4 Cups juice (I suggest grape, cherry or blueberry)
- 4 sliced plums
- 3 to 4 handfuls pitted cherries
- a few cubes of watermelon
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon pitcher. Allow to chill in the refrigerator for 6 hours or longer.
- Serve with a little ice in a wine glass.
- Garnish each glass with a slice of plum and a pitted cherry.
- Eat the fruit as it gets better the longer it macerates.