Flavored with chili pepper, cilantro and tequila, the Piquante de la Casa is a spicy drink that will tantalize, tease and torment your palate and make you beg for more. This is hot!
- 2 ounces Reposado Tequila
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3/4 ounce agave nectar
- 12 cilantro leaves
- 1/4-inch piece of a Fresno or Jalapeño chili pepper, seeded
- Slightly press the Fresno or Jalapeño chili pepper and hand clap the cilantro leaves to release the flavor.
- Add all liquid ingredients starting with lime, agave, and finally the tequila to a shaker.
- Add ice, shake and strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice.
- Garnish with top of a chili pepper, seeds removed.