As drinks go, the Perfect Rob Roy lives up to its name, giving the ideal balance of sweet and savory vermouth flavors, juxtaposed with Scotch.
Perfect Rob Roy
Yes, it's American, not Scottish, though the Rob Roy is associated closely with Scotland.
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr.
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 2 1/2 ounces Scotch whiskey
- 1 teaspoon sweet vermouth
- 1 teaspoon dry vermouth
- 1 maraschino cherry
- In a mixing glass half-filled with ice cubes, combine the Scotch Whiskey, sweet vermouth, and dry vermouth.
- Stir well.
- Strain into a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with the cherry or a lemon twist.
Created in New York, the Rob Roy is a Manhattan, made with Scotch instead of Bourbon or Rye.