Peach Liqueur I
This delicious liqueur has all the brightness of the summer months in every sip. Served on the rocks or blended into other cocktails, it is simply wonderful.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 liter
- 12 medium peaches
- 4 lemon peel strips, scraped of all pith
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- 3 Cups vodka
- 1 Cup sugar syrup (see recipe)
- You want yellow or cream-colored peaches. Season is May to Sept.
- Avoid green ones as they won't ripen at home.
- Drop peaches into a pot of boiling water, one at a time, leave for 30 seconds and remove, placing them into a bowl of ice water. Peel by sliding the skin off peaches and cut each in quarters, removing and discarding the pits.
- Combine with vodka, lemon peels, and spices in covered jar and store for 1 to 2 weeks, shaking occasionally.
- Strain fruit, squeezing as much juice as possible, and filter.
- Add sugar syrup and store for an additional 6 weeks.