Papita Lassi (Papaya Lassi)
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 1 Cup papaya; ripe, diced, mashed well
- 1 Cup yogurt, plain chilled water
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- mint; few sprigs
- ice cubes
- Beat or blend yogurt, then add water and beat or blend again.
- Add mashed papaya with all the seasonings.
- Beat or blend again.
- Pour in individual glasses.
- Garnish with mint and serve cold.
- If you want to make sweet papaya lassi, then omit salt, lime juice and pepper.
- Add 2 tbsp sugar instead and flavour with rose water.
- MAKES: 6 glasses SOURCE: Rotis and Naans of India by Purobi Babbar, published in Bombay