Papaya Agua Fresca
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 1 1/4 Cups papaya, seeded, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 4 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2.75 Cup water
- Choose *ripe* fruit.
- In a blender, smoothly puree measured fruit pulp and juice (a portion at a time, if needed) with sugar and lime juice.
- Add flavored fruit mixture to water, then rub through a fine strainer into a large jar or pitcher; discard pulp.
- If made ahead, cover and chill up to one week.
- As a decorative touch, add slices or chunks of matching fruit just before serving.
- Pour the agua fresca over ice cubes into tall glasses.
- Makes 1 quart