Orange Mint Slush
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
Serves: 15 3/4 Cups
- 2 Cups sugar
- 7 Cups water
- 3/4 Cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 12 ounces can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 6 ounces can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 liter bottle (4 1/2 Cups) club soda, chilled
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, 3 cups of the water and mint leaves.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes.
- Cool 1 hour.
- Strain and reserve liquid.
- In nonmetal container, combine reserved liquid, remaining 4 cups water and concentrate; cover and freeze.
- To serve, let mixture stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes or until slush consistency.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup slush mixture into each serving glass; pour 1/4 cup of the club soda over each.
- Garnish with mint.