Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 2 Quarts milk
- 1 orange sections
- 6 ounces orange juice concentrate
- 1 1/2 Cup sugar
- 12 eggs; separated
- Heat milk in large heavy saucepan.
- Beat egg yolks with 1 cup sugar.
- Stir in about 1 cup hot milk.
- Quickly stir into remaining hot milk and cook, stirring constantly, over very low heat until mixture thickens and coats metal spoon.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Stir in undiluted orange concentrate.
- Pour into punch bowl.
- Beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, and continue beating until mixture stands in stiff peaks.
- Float heaping tablespoons of meringue on top of eggnog.
- Garnish with orange sections.