If you have access to a soda siphon, this is a totally cool, great beverage to make for young and old adults alike, though not the best for the kiddies because of the espresso. An alternative method, if you can find it, is to make this with Manhattan Special soda (espresso soda) and stir with chocolate syrup before pouring over ice cream. Either way, it’s a gem!
- 1/2 gallon warm water
- 1/2 Cup chocolate syrup, plus extra to garnish
- 4 heaping Tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 4 scoops coffee ice cream
- whipped cream to garnish
- To make chocolate-espresso soda, whisk water, 1/2 cup chocolate syrup and espresso powder in a mixing bowl until the powder dissolves.
- Transfer to a soda siphon or seltzer bottle per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place 2 scoops ice cream in a tall glass; fill with the chocolate-espresso soda.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.