Old Fashioned Raspberry Vinegar Drink
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 3 pints fresh raspberries or 20 ounces package frozen
- 1.25 Cups white vinegar
- 3/4 Cup sugar for each 1 Cup juice
- In a large, non-metal bowl, crush berries.
- Add vinegar.
- Cover and let stand 24 to 48 hours.
- Pour mixture into a dampened jelly bag (cheesebag lined in a colander) over glass bowl so that juice drips into bowl.
- Do not squeeze bag or force juice through bag.
- Measure juice into saucepan.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar for every cup of juice.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Boil gently for 20 minutes, skimming any foam.
- Pour juice into hot, sterilized jars, leaving 1/8" headspace.
- Store in a cool dark place.
- To serve, mix about 1/4 cup juice with 3/4 cup soda or ice water or to taste.
- Makes about 2-2/3 cups juice, enough for 12 drinks.
- For a bit of a zip, experiment with Balsamic vinegar to your taste or add to a chilled white wine.