Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Hot Drinks
- 3 bottles hearty red wine (1 1/2 liters each)
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 Tablespoons whole allspice
- 3 sticks cinnamon (3" long); broken in half
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- Combine wine and sugar in large soup pot and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until sugar dissolves.
- with mortar and pestle, lightly crush peppercorns, cloves and allspice and add to wine along with cinnamon sticks.
- Slice oranges and lemon, leaving unpeeled, and add to wine.
- Bring to simmer and cook 20 minutes.
- Keep warm until serving.
Each serving: 46 calories, 4 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 0 fat, 5 grams carbohydrates, 0 protein, 0 fiber