Mulled Wine is a deliciously flavored punch, perfectly seasoned for warming the body and soul in colder weather. Served warm, it’s very soothing.
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr.
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 3 bottles hearty red wine (1 1/2 liters each)
- 1 Cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 Tablespoon whole cloves
- 2 Tablespoons whole allspice
- 3 sticks cinnamon (3-inches long), broken in half
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- Combine wine and sugar in 6-Quart stock pot and heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until sugar dissolves.
- With mortar and pestle, lightly crush peppercorns, cloves and allspice and add to wine along with cinnamon sticks.
- Slice oranges and lemon, leaving unpeeled but removing pips, and add to wine.
- Bring to simmer and cook 20 minutes.
- Keep warm until serving.
Serving size: 6 ounces Calories: 46 Fat: 0 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Trans fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 5 g Sodium: 4 mg Fiber: 0 Protein: 0 Cholesterol: 0