Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punches
- 1 1/2 Quarts water
- 1/2 Cup instant chocolate drink mix
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 gallons vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 gallons chocolate ice cream
- 1 Cup whipped cream; whipped
- chocolate curls; optional
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add drink mix, sugar and coffee; stir until dissolved.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- About 30 minutes before serving, pour into a punch bowl.
- Add ice cream by scoopfuls; stir until partially melted.
- Garnish with dollops of whipped cream and chocolate curls if desired.
- We served this at a Christmas open house, and it was a big hit.
- This is a smooth, creamy punch that is like sipping a chocolate shake.
- Recipe by: Taste of Home-December/January 98 issue