Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 1 Cup water
- 8 ounces sugar
- 8 ounces fresh mint
- 1 Cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 gallons clear soda, such as Sprite or Slice
- Bring water and sugar to a boil; boil till sugar is completely dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Place whole mint in a cheesecloth and pour above mixture over mint.
- Add orange juice and lemon to above mixture.
- Let steep in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- The longer you let it set, the stronger the mint flavor.
- Remove cheesecloth from mix.
- Add soda just before serving.
- Pour over ice.
- Can garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
- Servings: makes 2 gallons NOTES : If you cannot get fresh mint, you can substitute Bigelow Mint Medley Herb Tea Bags, 6 tea bags for this recipe.