Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punches
- CRANBERRY SYRUP
- 1 bag fresh cranberries (12 oz)
- 2 Cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons orange-flavored liqueur; (optional)
- 2 Cups sparkling wine
- whole cranberries; for garnish
- For the cranberry syrup, grind cranberries in food processor, then add sugar and pulse to combine.
- Pour sweetened berries into sieve set over empty bowl in refrigerator and drain overnight.
- Next day, pour syrup through fine sieve to remove any bits of fruit; reserve cranberries for another use.
- (Makes 1 1/2 cups)
- For assembly, combine 1 1/2 tablespoons Cranberry Syrup and 1/4 teaspoon liqueur, if desired, in Champagne flute.
- Fill with about 2 tablespoons sparkling wine and stir gently to incorporate (if you omit this step, syrup will remain in bottom of glass instead of mixing in with sparkling wine).
- Top with more sparkling wine.
- Garnish with whole fresh cranberries.
- Repeat with remaining glasses.
- This recipe yields 16 servings.
- Each serving: 114 calories; 1 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 0 fat; 29 grams carbohydrates; 0 protein; 0.26 gram fiber.