The Michelada is a delicious Mexican drink made with beer. Pairs perfectly with barbecued or grilled meats. Its savory, spicy flavor is unusual but incredible.
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr.
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- salt, for rimming the glasses
- 1/4 Cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 2 medium limes), rinds reserved
- 1 1/2 Cups light Mexican beer, such as Corona
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- freshly ground black pepper, for garnish
- Place enough salt in a wide, shallow dish to cover the bottom. Rub the rims of two glasses with the reserved lime rinds and dip the glasses into the salt. Fill the glasses with ice and set aside.
- Place the lime juice, beer, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and Maggi or soy sauce in a pitcher and mix to combine. Pour into the prepared glasses, top with a few grinds of pepper, and serve.