Mexican Hot Chocolate
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 3/4 Cup water
- 5 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 dash salt
- 2 Cups milk
- ingredients except milk in saucepan over low heat.
- Stir constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring constantly, for 4 minutes.
- Stir in milk; heat just until hot.
- Beat with hand mixer until foamy.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe may be doubled if you wish.