Don't drink too much, for many reasons.
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr.
Recipe type: Punches
- 1 seedless watermelon (about 6-pounds), rind removed and cut into large dice
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 Cup maraschino liqueur, preferably Luxardo
- 4 (12-ounce) bottles white beer or ale, chilled
- Set a fine-mesh strainer over a large bowl; set aside.
- Place half of the watermelon in a blender and blend until liquified, about 1 minute. Pour through the strainer into the bowl and scrape a rubber spatula against the inside surface of the strainer to push the juice through until only pulp remains. Discard the pulp and set the strainer back over the bowl. Repeat with the remaining watermelon. (You should have about 6 cups of juice.)
- Add the sugar to the juice and stir until dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Refrigerate until well-chilled, about 1 1/2 hours, or until ready to use.
- When ready to serve, transfer the chilled juice to a gallon container. Add the maraschino liqueur and beer and stir gently to combine.