Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 1 canteloupe melon
- cold water
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon sugar, instant dissolving;
- fruit/berry sugar, or
- icing sugar
- If using fruits with seeds, remove the seeds first; other fruits may be combined in the blender, poured over ice and enjoyed.
- Some of the most delicious frescos are made with mulberry, soursop, papaya and starfruit, but they can also be made with peaches or strawberries - or with home grown canteloupe.
- After pureeing, you can adjust the sweetness to taste.
- Peel and seed melon, chop coarsely.
- In blender, puree melon, water, lime juice and sugar until frothy and smooth.
- Divide among 4 glasses, adding ice if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- SERVES: 4 SOURCE: Canadian Living, September 1993.