Mango Orange Drink
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoons orange peel; grated
- 2 Cups mango; flesh, mashed
- 1 Cup orange juice, fresh
- 1/2 Cup lemon juice, fresh
- As a variation, use papaya instead of mango.
- Heat the water with the sugar and the orange peel over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Cool down to room temperature.
- Add the mango flesh and the orange and lemon juices and mix well.
- Serve cold.
- MAKES: ABOUT 2 QUARTS SOURCE: Tanzanian Food with Traditional and New Recipes by Janny Van Der Meer and Beatrice R.
- Mansur (editors)