With a hint of nutmeg, our Madeira Flip recipe is a subtle recipe with a wealth of flavors. This is a luscious sipping drink, ideal for cooler weather, as it warms the soul. Ideal as a nightcap!
- 1 1/2 ounces Hudson Manhattan rye
- 1 1/2 ounces Madeira
- 1 egg
- 1/4 ounce rich simple syrup
- fresh nutmeg (whole)
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker without ice. Shake vigorously for a minute.
- Open the shaker and add ice. Shake again.
- Strain into a coupe.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg.