Saving calories at the Holiday seasons makes for an enjoyable, flavorful Low Cal Eggnog. Each calorie saved leaves room for more delights.
Low Cal Eggnog
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 7 eggs, separated
- 15 Cups skim milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 22 teaspoons Equal sweetener (3 packages)
- 2 teaspoons Brandy or Rum flavoring
- ground nutmeg
- Combine the egg yolks and milk in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture coats a metal spoon.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add to the egg custard mixture with the vanilla, sweetener, and flavoring.
- Mix lightly.
- Cover and chill.
- Pour into serving cups and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 1/2 cup serving - 70 calories, 1/2 med-fat meat Exchange + 1/2 Milk exch.
- 6 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams protein, 3 grams fat, 80 mg sodium, 207 mg potassium, 74 mg cholesterol.
- Source: Am.
- Diabetes Assoc.
- Holiday Cookbook by Betty Wedman, 1986