Low Cal Cocoa Mix
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 3/4 Cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Quart instant dried milk
- 1 dry sugar substitute equal
- 1 to 1 1/2 Cup sugar
- Mix ingredients well and store in an airtight container in a moderately cool place.
- Use 2 tbsp mix plus 6 ounces boiling water per serving of cocoa.
- variations: Mexican Cocoa: Add 2-3 teaspoons of cinnamon when mixing the total ingredients.
- or place a scant 1/8 tsp in a cup of cocoa.
- Mocha: Add 1/3 cup instant coffee when mixing the total ingredients; or place 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee in a cup of the cocoa.
- Nutritive values per serving: CAL 49; CHO 4 gm; PRO 3 gm; FAT 3 gm; NA 113 mg; Food exchanges per serving: 1/3 milk, 1/2 fat Low sodium diets: Omit salt Source: The New Diabetic Cookbook