The tangy, sweet flavor of limes is enhanced brilliantly in this liqueur by just a hint of spice. This flavorful concoction is used in many cocktail recipes, but only a very few food recipes, though a few drops added to a whipped cream make a delicious topping for Key Lime Pie.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 bottle
- 2 dozen limes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 cloves
- 2 pounds white sugar
- 6 Cups 80 proof vodka
- 2 Cups water
- green food dye (optional)
- Wash limes at the last moment.
- Slice each lime into 5 or 6 slices.
- Combine with cinnamon, cloves, vodka, water, and white sugar.
- Shake well until sugar is dissolved. Cover.
- Set in cool place for two weeks.
- Strain through fine sieve and leave alone to clear.
- Decant, pouring clear liquid into sterilized bottles.
- Tint a very very pale green color if you like.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe