This recipe yields a liqueur with a similar flavor to Sambuca or Jagermeister, with an intense licorice flavor. Excellent in mixed drinks or in cooking.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 pint plus
- 2.50 Tablespoons licorice root, chopped
- 1 1/2 Cup Vodka
- 1/2 Cup sugar syrup (see recipe) to taste
- Wash the licorice root and chop into small pieces.
- Add to vodka and steep for 1 week.
- Strain and filter. Add sugar syrup and steep for 1 pint plus
- Container: Quart jar
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe