Lemon or Lime Butterflies
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Garnishes
- Lemon or Lime
- Take a clean lemon or lime and, with a sharp knife, cut it into thin slices, discarding the end pieces.
- Depending on the size of 'wings' required and the size of the fruit, cut the slices either into halves or quarters.
- Cut through the rind in the middle of each piece and gently pull into 2 wings without breaking into 2 pieces.
- A piece of parsley may be placed in the centre to represent the 'butterfly's' body.
- Lemon and lime 'butterflies' can garnish both savoury and sweet dishes.
- They are served on bread-crumbed, fried or grilled meats, such as veal escalopes, and on several fish dishes.