We created this smoothie for our good friend Joe in Ohio. Joe’s a regular contributor to this website and a good friend of our publisher. He loves yogurt and his hobby is his garden. We’ve paired both in this incredible recipe.
You’ll find it has a floral, yet sultry flavor that is incredibly delicious.
Garnish with finely chopped shelled pistachios and if available, some dried edible rose petals that are crumbled in to the pistachio mix.
The rose flavor is very mild and yogurt softens the tangy taste of the mango and the strong flavor of banana. Milk smoothes the whole thing making it incredibly palatable and delicious.
- 1 Cup cold plain yogurt
- 3 1/2 ounces cold milk
- 2 ounces fresh mango, skinned and chopped
- 1/2 fresh peeled banana
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- ice cubes, crushed (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons finely crushed raw pistachio
- 1 edible rose petal, dried and crumbled or, if fresh, finely juilienned
- Process the mango and banana in a blender until smooth.
- Add yogurt, milk, honey, sugar, crushed ice and rose water in a blender until all come together in a smooth liquid.
- Pour into a tall glass and sprinkle the crushed raw pistachio with rose if available.