Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- tea bags - 5 or 6
- 1 gallon water
- To make tea the easy way, fill a gallon container with water and add 5-6 tea bags.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- OR bring about 2 cups of water to a boil, add the tea bags, let boil for only 10-15 seconds.
- Cover, let stand about 30 minutes.
- Fill a gallon container 3/4 full with water and add the hot tea AND the tea bags.
- Fill the container to the top with water.
- Leaving the tea bags in the water prevents scum forming on the tea Home Remedy: Tea contains theophylline, which is a bronchodilator.
- Therefore, tea is good for breathing problems, colds, etc.
- Instant tea does NOT contain theophylline.
- Taken from: IT NEVER TURNS OUT THE SAME WAY COOKBOOK A Collection of Recipes from the Kitchen of Joyce and Clem Kohl