Perfect for those cold evenings when it’s frosty outside, the Hot Whiskey Toddy adds an inner warmth and eliminates the chill from body and soul. Simply delicious.
Hot Whiskey Toddy
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr.
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktail
- 1 Cup blended Irish whiskey
- 1 pint water
- 2 Tablespoons clover honey
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 slices lemon, about 1/4-inch thick each
- In a saucepan, add water, honey, cloves, cinnamon and lemon. Bring to a boil, stir, then simmer till the honey is dissolved. Strain into a clean saucepan to remove solids. Allow to cool.
- Add the whiskey to the Honey Syrup and warm over a low heat but do not let it boil. Just a few minutes will do.
- Pour into Irish Coffee glasses or heat-proof mugs.
- Serve immediately.