The incredible warmth afforded to those who consume Hot Apple Cider with a Kick is an immeasurable pleasure resulting in a comforting glow. Seriously delicious.
Hot Apple Cider with a Kick
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punch
- 6 Cups apple cider
- 1/4 Cup real maple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice berries
- 1 orange peel, cut into strips
- 1 lemon peel, cut into strips
- 3 ounces Laird's Applejack (optional)
- 6 pieces (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- Pour the apple cider and maple syrup into a large stainless steel sauce pan.
- Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves, allspice berries, orange peel and lemon peel in the center of a washed square of cheesecloth; fold up the sides of the cheesecloth to enclose the bundle, then tie it up with a length of kitchen string.
- Drop the spice bundle into the cider mixture.
- Place the saucepan over moderate heat for 5 to 10 minutes, or until the cider is very hot but not boiling.
- Remove the cider from the heat.
- Discard the spice bundle.
- Ladle the cider into big cups or mugs, adding a fresh cinnamon stick to each serving if desired.
- Add 1/2 ounce Applejack Brandy to each cup, if desired.