Honey liqueur is a delicious drink that is well suited to a variety of cocktails and food recipes.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 Quart
- 2 Cups Vodka or Brandy
- 3/4 pound honey
- 3 Tablespoons orange rind, or 1/2 thepeel of an orange
- 1 Cup water, warm but not boiling
- 1 clove
- 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 inches each
- Peel the orange rind in one long spiral if possible, particularly if you want an attractive presentation.
- Dissolve the honey in the water and add to the vodka and spices in an attractive bottle with the orange peel. Let stand, well corked shaking every few days.
- If you like the flavor well developed, do not strain it at all, but check it after 2 or 3 weeks, and if you don't want too strong an orange spice flavor, strain the peel and spices out and re-bottle.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe