Glogg No. 1
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punches
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1 inch stick cinnamon, broken
- 1 whole clove
- 1 cardamom pod, opened
- 1 3/4 Cup sweet red wine
- 1/4 Cup whiskey
- 2 teaspoons raisins
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 whole, blanched almonds
- For spice bag, tie orange peel, stick cinnamon, whole clove and opened cardamom pod in cheesecloth.
- In a 4-cup measure combine wine, whiskey, raisins, honey and spice bag.
- Micro-cook, uncovered, on 50% power about 6 minutes or till heated through, but not boiling.
- If desired, cover and let stand at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours to develop more flavor.
- If wine wine mixture is allowed to stand, micro-cook, uncovered on 50% power about 6 minutes more or till heated through, but not boiling.
- Remove spice bag.
- Serve in mugs.
- Add some almonds to each mug.