Ginger Beer Cordial
The crisp, subtle, tasty flavor of ginger warms the soul and enlivens the heart. This is exceptionally fine drinking, straight up or on the rocks. It is non-alcoholic.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 Gallon
- 2 ounces root ginger, bruised, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound granulated sugar
- 1/2 ounce tartaric acid
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Put the ginger, sugar, tartaric acid and lemon into a bowl and cover with 1 gallon of boiling water.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Leave for about three or four days, then strain and pour the liquid into sterilized bottles.
- It will be ready and really delicious to drink after just a few days and can be diluted quite happily with either still or sparkling water.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe