The Gin Spring is a perfect representation of the season of revival and rejuvenation. The extraordinary flavors in this drink taste herbal and refreshing.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces Hendrick's Gin
- 1 1/4 fluid ounces Sweet Pea Syrup (recipe follows)
- 1/4 fluid ounce Green Chartreuse
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- fresh mint
- 2 pea pods, cooked but not opened
Sweet Pea Syrup
- 1 1/4 Cups water
- 1/2 Cup sweet peas (fresh or frozen, not canned)
- 1 Cup sugar
- Pour all the liquids into a mixing glass with ice.
- Stir well to chill.
- Strain into a cocktail coupe.
- Rub the mint gently between your fingers.
- Garnish with the mint and two pea pods on a skewer.
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the peas. Reduce heat to simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the peas and discard or use for another purpose.
- Add the sugar and raise the heat to dissolve the sugar. Do not stir.
- Allow the syrup to cool once the sugar is fully dissolved.