Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punches
- 2 bunches lemon balm sprigs, on long stems, if possible
- 2 bunches milk-flavored mints, on long stems, if possible
- 1 can unsweetened pineapple juice or
- 46 ounces unfiltered apple juice or apple cider
- 2 juice of lemon
- 1 lemon, cut in thin slices
- sparkling water or Champagne to taste
- From "The Herb Garden Cookbook" (Gulf, $12.95), by Lucinda Hutson.
- If lemon verbena or lemon balm are unavailable, mint may be substituted.
- Gently wring the bunches of lemon balm and mint to release the flavor.
- Place in a large glass pitcher, cover with the juices and the lemon slices.
- Chill overnight, occasionally stirring and pressing down on the herbs with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Pour into iced glasses with a splash of sparkling water or champagne and a sprig of fresh lemon balm or mint.
- Makes about 10 4-oz servings.