Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 1 (6-oz) can frozen limeade concentrate
- 9 ounces silver or gold Tequila
- 3 ounces Cointreau
- 2 thin slices with peel, plus
- lime slices for garnish
- salt for rims
- Pour thawed limeade concentrate into blender.
- Add tequila.
- Cointreau, lime juice and 2 lime slices.
- Whirl ingredients briefly;pour half into a shallow container and freeze.
- Add a few handfuls of ice to the mixture remaining in the blender and whirl till slushy.
- Pour immediately into chilled margarita glasses with salted rims and garnish with lime slices.
- Repeat with second batch.
- For a fruit flavored margarita, substitute frozen fruit juice concentrates, such as strawberry-guava or orange-passion fruit, for limeade.
- Or, use fresh seasonal fruits;freezing them first produces an icy drink without diluting the flavor.
- Peeled, sliced fresh mangoes, peaches, pineapple and whole strawberries freeze well.
- So do whole prickly pear, kiwi and bananas.
- Use Mexican limones (key limes) whenever possible.
- Keep tequila in freezer for icier drinks.