The luscious, soothing flavor of mango is complemented by lime and tequila in this delightful drink. Smooth and sultry, it will seduce you into intoxication, so beware.
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr.
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 1 Cup fresh mint
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 3/4 Cup tequila
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 3 large limes)
- 1 pound frozen mango chunks, partially thawed for 15 minutes, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 Cups ice
- lime wedges, for garnish
- In a small heavy saucepan, bring the mint, sugar and 1/2 cup water to a boil over medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Cool to room temperature.
- Strain the mint syrup through a fine mesh sieve into a blender. Press firmly on the mint leaves to release all of the syrup. Add the tequila, lime juice, mango and ice. Blend until pureed.
- Pour into chilled glasses. Garnish with lime wedges and serve.